Houndstooth Heaven


For some reason, I am a sucker for houndstooth. Especially when it comes in red, black and white. It makes such a bold statement, yet it is such a classic pattern that it feels "safe" to me.


When I spotted this houndstooth fit-and-flare dress on the TALBOTS website, I knew it was a must have for my fall wardrobe. The fit-and-flare styles are always so flattering on almost every body type. One thing I have run into when styling women with fit-and-flare dresses is that the waist comes up a little higher than she is normally used to. FYI this is the way it is supposed to fit! So don't fret about it. Just flaunt it! So, it might be different than what you are used to. So what? Have fun with it. That's what fashion is all about!


SHOP THE LOOK!





Another great thing about this dress is that it can be worn in the fall as well as in the spring. Wear it in the spring without the cardi and opaque tights and layer it up in the fall. As you can see, I wore mine with boots today. But a nice pump would look great with it too! I am thinking bare legs and a red ballet flat for spring, only because I am trying to take it easy on the heels.



https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCannyCanary

And last, but certainly not least, this sweet vintage brilliant black bead & gold bow choker style necklace from the 60's can be found at The Canny Canary on Etsy! Click HERE to go to my Etsy store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.