THREE WAYS TO WEAR | THE SEVENTIES SKIRT





I was recently asked by www.voucherbin.co.uk to put together three outfits inspired by my favourite fashion trends of the season. Always up for a challenge, I chose to look at the Seventies trend and in particular the heavy focus on indigo denim; from Topshop's hugely successful denim campaign to Alexa Chung's collaboration with AG jeans, denim is EVERYWHERE and I - am - loving - it.

I actually bought this skirt a couple of weeks ago when I went to my Miss Selfridge personal shopper appointment. For just £28 I had to have it, and to be honest I think this classic a-line shape is a must for everyone this Spring... I mean, who doesn't want to channel Jane Birkin?

For my first look I chose to pair my button-down with a soft crew neck jumper, ankle socks, (always), and cute t-bar shoes for a "geek chic" kind of vibe! Look number two consisted of yet another crew, tucked in this time for a cleaner silhouette, and was finished off with a "groovy" pair of rounded sunglasses for a real Seventies feel. Last but not least, I popped the skirt with a simple striped high neck top, this is probably the most "me" outfit; I love how understated it is and the graphic top made the skirt look a little more Sixties.

JUMPER BY EUDON CHOI
SKIRT FROM MISS SELFRIDGE
T-BAR SHOES FROM OFFICE 


JUMPER BY EUDON CHOI


STRIPED TOP FROM H&M 


Which is your favourite look? Will you be jumping on the indigo band-wagon when temperatures rise... or like me are you already on it!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.